Monday 31 August 2015

Why I Rant In The First Place

When I was seven, I promptly announced to my Mum, "The world's gone mad". Roughly fourteen years later, I still maintain that sentiment, thought I definitely don't express it in those words nearly as much as I did growing up.

I've always been appalled by the wrong things that are around us. Sadly - for me - I get equally irate at minor, everyday injustices and bigger, worldwide atrocities. I'm known for taking to Facebook to rant, quite a lot, about things that I don't think are right. Mostly it's about the everyday things like discrimination, girls' rights and equality; sometimes it's about something larger. 
As much as I love sharing my opinions on Facebook, I've decided to move it off my personal account and onto a blog. Not because anyone has forced me to, not because friends are fed up of hearing me rant (though they secretly might be), but because I hope I can reach more people this way. 

I don't write about things I think are wrong because I want to. 
I write because I feel I have to. I feel I have a duty, an obligation, to tell people my opinion. Because if it changes just one person's mind and they form an opinion of their own, and in turn spark a chain of changes, one person at a time, that would make me very happy indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment